Thursday, July 11, 2013

7.11.2013
JEWEL TONES HERE JEWEL TONES THERE

I wanted to blog about my Outfit of the Day tomorrow, but for some reason...I just can't fall asleep.  haha Perhaps my day wouldn't feel complete unless I blogged about my outfit? lol  Anyway, for those who have read my previous blog post (HERE), the topic was about Summer 2013's fashion trend - Maxi Dresses, and how I'm totally in love with them! =)  And I guess with that being said, it's no surprise that my next OOTD would include none other than me wearing my current favorite Maxi Dress! =)



This dress...is absolutely gorgeous!  The Jewel Tones are absolutely beautiful, and when I saw it on the rack, I just couldn't say no to buying it!  I'm a huge fan of the nature, and the natural vibrant jewel tones LOL childishly made me feel like a Naturistic Fairy Garden Princess...or something along that line! =)  haha nothing looks better with this dress than Nature's Greens and Sunny Light!  



My dress is a statement piece alone and is quite versatile, and because I didn't want to look overly dressed up, I went easy with the accessorizing... What I basically did was throw on my Aztec-like sandles that helped dress down my outfit (but matched at the same time), and finished my look off with a beautiful stone necklace from Monet!  



I used to never wear Maxi Dresses, because I thought they were only for formal wear, and were too difficult to pull off.  I realized that as I've grown older, I've become more daring with my attire.  I've started to try clothing pieces that I would use to say "never" to, and I'm so glad that I'm exploring the different paths of fashion! =) haha 

I feel more myself than ever! =)


Photography By: LWK PHOTOGRAPHY

DRESS: JUST LOVE
SANDLES: A STORE IN SPAIN
NECKLACE: MONET 

Lol, and of course, this post wouldn't be complete without a headshot of me "actually" smiling! =)  I had such a wonderful time hanging out with my friends this Summer, and I would like to give a big thank you to my wonderful photographer for taking pictures for me!!! =)  
(Fun Fact: I can't wait to take my braces offff!!!!) 

Alright...I think my day is complete now... GOOD NIGHT EVERYBODY! 














2 comments:

  1. Awesome!! I love the color and the elegance of the dress! What's the material of the dress? It looks so comfortable! Oh, and is there an elastic band at the waist? Or is it sewed it to create the shape? I love this OOTD because I love simplicity and comfort(though I don't think I'll wear a maxi dress), and this does it without over accessorizing :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Thanks! =) I love the colors as well! The dress is a polyester fabric, and it feels pretty comfortable on! lol Surprisingly, there actually isn't an elastic band on the waistline! lol Because the fabric is super stretchy to begin with, the designer just sewed the waistline in a unique way that will have the dress compliment anyone's waist! =)

      Delete