Monday, December 30, 2013

LookBook: Winterless California

12.30.13
WINTERLESS CALIFORNIA

It's common for Californians to say that the Golden State rarely gets that cold during the Winter... and I can't agree more with that saying this Winter.  For the first time in my life... I experienced Christmas at nearly 80 degrees.  While others get to experience a white Christmas, I find myself dressing the same amount clothing I would dress during the Summer... interesting huh?


Anyway, what styles have you guys been enjoying lately?  To my surprise I've actually been really loving the street style.  I don't know why... maybe it's because I'm always very conservatively dressed and covered at work... that it's nice being able to throw on some comfy casuals and still feel awesome and stylish during the weekends!  =) 



Today, I went for a laid-back street look!  I started my outfit off with a basic long sleeve shirt from Charlotte Russe, and matched it with a pair of high waisted denim shorts that I thrifted from Goodwill earlier this Summer (seriously my favorite thrift-find! =)).  To add some color to my outfit, I threw on common red, white, and blue plaid button down that I recently did some revamping to. (Removed long sleeves & shortened) 


I actually felt amazing in this outfit!  Throughout this half a year, I've been going for a loose top & tight bottom look... and after hiding any slight curve of mine for so long, it feels nice to finally wear an outfit that is more form fitting! 





As for accessories, I wore my favorite belt to add some shape to my waist-line, threw on some fun jewelry, and finished my outfit off with a casual everyday purse and one of my current favorite booties from Jeffrey Campbell!  



Yep, and that's it to my Outfit of the Day! =)

Photography By: LWK PHOTOGRAPHY

BUTTON DOWN: COTTON ON
LONG SLEEVE: CHARLOTTE RUSSE
SHORTS: GUESS (GOODWILL)
JEWELRY: H&M, ICING & GIFTED
 BOOTS: JEFFREY CAMPBELL
BAG: URBAN EXPRESSIONS
BELT: CHINESE LAUNDRY

2013 is coming to an end, and it's quite mind-boggling to think that a new year will be starting in the matter of a few hours!  I've learned and experienced so much this year... it's pretty ridiculous.  But nonetheless, I believe everything happens for a reason.  Whether it's something good that happened or something bad that came about... I'm positive that all that I've experienced made me into a stronger and better person!  I hope everyone cherishes their last few moments of 2013, and prepare yourselves for a new beginning!  =)  

Good Night! 

xxxx, 
Wing 

find me on: Facebook | LookBook | Youtube | Pintrest 












1 comment:

  1. Oooh~ Cute~~ I like this wintery yet fall outfit! I agree, Californian winter doesn't get much colder... which are good for people who love summer outfits! I love the vest! I think the outfit is put together very nicely, everything is in harmony!!

    ReplyDelete