Sunday, December 16, 2012

What Makes Someone Beautiful? What is Considered Pretty?

It's quite late right now...but I'm feeling a little weird.

I guess something happened, and whatever happened kinda got me thinking about the difference between what's pretty and what's beautiful.

I used to have this friend in the past...we were so close.  Super close..haha I literally felt like we were sisters.  I met her when I was in 7th grade...and when I first saw her... I thought she had the most beautiful pale skin ever, but I didn't think she was pretty.  As the years passed by...we became closer, and we even became best friends.  As our friendship lengthened, I started seeing her as pretty.  haha is that weird?  She had such an amazing heart...that I actually came to think that she grew prettier and prettier as time passed by.  By the time I was in 12th grade, I thought she was the prettiest friend I knew, and I considered her to be beautiful.  To me, beautiful means inside and out.  I thought she was pretty on the outside, but even prettier on the inside.  She was my best friend. =)

Well...something pretty bad happened the first year of college, and we... weren't friends anymore.  I was the one who broke the friendship off.  Why did I do it?  I did it cause she revealed a secret that she had been hiding from me all a long...and at the end, I just realized that she was completely opposite from who my "best friend" was.  I didn't know her anymore.  Apparently...I never knew her..it was all an act...and at that moment...I lost my best friend of 7 years...yep just like that.

As of today...I don't hate her.  But at the same time I'm not close to being fond of her.  I don't think we will ever be friends again, and I honestly just hope that God guides her towards the right path.

This person who I used to see as and beautiful... suddenly became a monster..  She wasn't a nice person..and the way I saw her suddenly went back to 7th grade...someone who I didn't know...someone who wasn't my friend...but despite not being friends, I saw the ugly side of her..and its crazy.  This person who was my best friend... became unappealing..and suddenly lacked beauty.

It's been more than year now since we've spoken...and it just really hit my heart hard..of how this person who seems so foreign..yet familiar, was once my Best Friend...someone who I thought was pretty and had the most beautiful heart.  It's a nostalgic feeling...whenever I see pictures of her or us on facebook...  I get reminded of us when we just turned into teenagers..and now..things are different.

So yea... what is beauty?  What is pretty?  Can a kind heart evolve our view of a person's appearance?  Does a beautiful heart make a person beautiful?

1 comment:

  1. This is a very difficult thing to understand. I think beauty should be used to describe someone with a beautiful heart. Looks deteriorate with time. But a person's intent, and heart should remain the same. I hope that God is guiding her as well.

    ReplyDelete